by Kamren Nikolich
Microgreens offer a delightful explosion of flavors and an abundance of essential nutrients. These come in a variety of flavors, colors, and textures. Although small in size, microgreens can hold up to 40 times the nutritional value of their counterpart vegetables!
Benefits of Microgreens
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Microgreens are concentrated sources of essential vitamins (like vitamin C, vitamin K, and various B vitamins) and minerals (such as calcium, iron, and potassium), which are crucial for overall health and well-being.
- Antioxidant powerhouse: Microgreens are packed with antioxidants, including carotenoids, flavonoids, and polyphenols. These compounds help combat oxidative stress, reduce inflammation, and lower the risk of chronic diseases.
- Excellent source of fiber: Microgreens contain dietary fiber, which aids in digestion, promotes a feeling of fullness, and helps regulate blood sugar levels. Incorporating them into your diet can support digestive health.
- Low in calories: Microgreens are low in calories but high in nutrients, making them an ideal choice for those looking to manage their weight. They provide essential nutrients without adding excessive calories to your diet.
salad mix microgreens
- Provides a powerful boost to your immune system and aids in digestion.
- Bursting with vitamins A, C, and K, while being packed with minerals such as calcium, potassium, and iron too!
- Try this mix with your favorite dressing, top any dish, or add to a smoothie!
pea shoot microgreens
- Tender and flavorful greens that offer a rich source of vitamins like C and A, along with essential minerals.
- These microgreens are known to promote digestion and provide a boost to the immune system due to their potent antioxidant content.
- Beautifully green with their nutty taste and crisp texture, these microgreens are abundant in nutrients like vitamin E and folate.
- These microgreens are recognized for supporting skin health and aiding in bone strength due to their vitamin and mineral richness.
Broccoli calabrese Microgreens
- Abundant in antioxidants including sulforaphane, which may help protect against certain types of cancer!
- A rich source of vitamin K, supporting bone and blood health.
- The microgreens also provide a delightful, mildly spicy flavor along with the nutritional benefits!
Starting this month, add any of the above microgreens varieties to your meal or smoothie in the HAC Cafe. All microgreens are provided by Kamren Nikolich at Niko Fresh Farms and grown locally in Greenville, Delaware.