by Adriana Clifton
Yields 4 Servings
- 1.5 lbs. ground turkey (or other ground meat)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. of minced garlic
- 2-3 large garlic cloves grated (or 1 tbsp. of minced garlic)
- 2 tbsp. honey (whipped honey also okay)
- 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Combine seasonings, breadcrumbs, and 2 teaspoons of garlic with ground turkey in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly until completely combined. The texture should be similar to sticky play dough.
- In a semi-large pan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Heat at medium temperature.
- While the pan is heating, scoop small scoops of mixture and shape into meatballs. Add meatballs to the hot pan. Sear on each side with tongs or a spoon for assistance. Monitor the oil level and add slightly more oil as it evaporates/incorporates to prevent burning.
- Once meatballs are thoroughly cooked, add 2 – 3 grated cloves of garlic (or 1 tablespoon of minced garlic), two tablespoons of honey, and 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce. Monitor and add another 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil if the mixture gets too dry. Stir constantly to fully combine sauce and turn down the heat to low halfway to maintain garlic flavor.
- Serve with vegetables or your favorite side.
Calories 465; Total Fat 21g; Saturated Fat 5g; Sodium 821mg; Carbs 33g; Sugars 10g; Fiber 2g; Protein 39g